Register

Jenner Murders

Moderators: Aud8us, Michael Butterfield

Bently

Re: Jenner Murders

Postby Bently » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:14 pm

I agree, interesting, and good luck. So unless these shady individuals seen near Aptos were a bunch of 75 year old geezers, the Zodiac connection escapes me too.

Bently

Postby Bently » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:33 am

ACitizen wrote:I'd really like to know what the experts here think. I'm open to criticism but let's not resort to ad hominem.

AC, looks like you'll have to settle for a non-expert opinion for the time being, but at least I'm not the ad hominem type. I'm not really even sure what the term means.

Regarding the printing, obviously the spelling and overall structure of the name CHRISSIE is strikingly similar. Breaking it down to the letter level, the C is, other than being larger in the top example, unremarkable. The H is interesting, as the horizontal stroke appears to continue past only the first vertical stroke in all examples. The R differs in that the vertical stroke only rises to the curve in the top example while rising noticeably above in the note. The I and S look unremarkable other than the I tilting forward in the top example and backwards in the note. The E is again interesting, the extra long middle horizontal stroke stands out in all cases, however in the top example the E may have been made with two strokes while in the note all are made with three strokes.

Conclusion - none. Being a layman I have not idea how much handwriting varies with time, place, type of instrument, etc., or even from signature to signature. But given the similarity of the drawings and the other information you cannot divulge it looks interesting.

Level 5

Postby Lucifer's Angel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:18 pm

It's a shame this thread went off-topic. The discussion started off very promisingly; I remain very interested in Citizen's findings, and wish he/she could return to share more.

As for whether or not this was a Zodiac crime, I remain unsure. All I can say, however, is that he's as good a suspect as any, based on the location, M.O. and victimology. The following idea might be considered laughable, but in my more fanciful moments, I imagined that if the killer was Zodiac, he was trying to make good on that claim he made in November 1969 about murdering two people in August. I hope this case is solved one day.

Paul_Averly

Postby Paul_Averly » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:21 pm

It's almost been 6 years and still no justice for the two victims.

I would say it's close to a 0% chance that this is a Zodiac crime.

Here is a link to the press release that contains handwriting samples and other clues:

http://www.wzzm13.com/pdf/050206-pressrelease.pdf

FoolsGold

Postby FoolsGold » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm not sure Zodiac was an occultist at all, unless his love of the 'power of symbols' is considered an occult practice. From the zodiac symbol to the symbol-laden cryptograms, it seems to me Zodiac was simply in awe of the power he believed symbols contained, so much that he worked to make himself a symbol of power.

So from the power of symbols to a symbol of power, for me anyway, nicely sums up Zodiac's psychological evolution as a media-manipulating killer, rather than that of some guy dabbling in the black arts.

And as I recall, Anton LaVey split from the Church of Satan to found the Church of Set. Set is an Egyptian god that predates Satan, and is generally considered Satan's ideological ancestor. That's IIRC.

Oh, and I don't see any connection to Zodiac here at all. Couples on lonely beaches make nice targets anywhere in the world. That you find a lot of beach-couple murders in California doesn't mean they're all perpetrated by the same killer, only that couples like to find solitary beach locations, that California statistically possesses a lot of lonely beach destinations, and killers often know these facts, and will make advantageous use of these facts to facilitate the finding of easy prey.

Well, that and California has a lot of nuts.

FoolsGold

Postby FoolsGold » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Ah, that's correct. I can't keep up with these Satanists without a scorecard, it seems. Thanks for the correction.

Level 4

Postby speedy1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Lucifer's Angel wrote:It's a shame this thread went off-topic. The discussion started off very promisingly; I remain very interested in Citizen's findings, and wish he/she could return to share more.

As for whether or not this was a Zodiac crime, I remain unsure. All I can say, however, is that he's as good a suspect as any, based on the location, M.O. and victimology. The following idea might be considered laughable, but in my more fanciful moments, I imagined that if the killer was Zodiac, he was trying to make good on that claim he made in November 1969 about murdering two people in August. I hope this case is solved one day.

I'm not convinced either way. There is various similarities between this case and Z's crimes, however there are other thoughts on the matter that says it would be unlikely. The fact that Z would be of quite an age by the time of this attack tends to make you think he's probably not responsible, but we know it's not impossible.

I think i'll go back and look over all the info again.... you never know.

Paul_Averly

Postby Paul_Averly » Fri May 25, 2012 9:01 pm

Wikipedia Quote:

Police investigated James Robert Zook who was convicted of first degree murder for the murder of Daniel Nathan Bloomfield with a .22 caliber revolver on August 18.[4] In this case, an old west-style revolver of the same era as the Marlin rifle was used and Zook shot Bloomfield three days after the morning when Cutshall and Allen are approximated to have been killed. The murder of Bloomfield took place around the outskirts of Sebastopol, California, about 30 miles from the Jenner crime scene.
Zook was a resident on Bloomfield Road - along with the man he murdered - the property consisted of a house owned by Zook's cousin Mike Astin and several outlying buildings. The residents were methamphetamine users. Zook and Bloomfield frequently argued and fought with one another. Zook stole the revolver from another cousin with whom he was staying on August 16. He was recovering from a motorcycle accident which he blamed on Bloomfield and factored in his motive for the murder. Zook's cousin, Frank Giampoli, returned from a hunting trip on the 16th and allowed Zook to help him clean his rifles and gain access to the .22 caliber Old West Style Colt revolver. Zook joked with his cousin about "hunting the two-legged kind." Zook had also insinuated to fellow drug users on an occasion in August that he had murdered someone and that Bloomfield "was going to end up just like those other people. The crabs were going to be eating him also."
Zook's parents owned a house on Muniz Ranches where he was ultimately arrested walking barefoot down Muniz Ranch Road on Thursday, August 19. The crime scene at Fish Head Beach is only a mile from that dirt road where it meets Hwy 1. At the scene of the crime where Bloomfield was murdered, his body was discovered under a tarpaulin sheet along with a bottle cap of Camo beer; the beer bottle was found nearby. The beer is no longer made and was an uncommon Wisconsin beer in California. Camo beer was found at the scene of the crime in Jenner as well.[5]

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... ?p=1&tc=pg

Return to Other Possible Crime/Victims