Register

MICHAEL MAGEAU

Moderators: Michael Butterfield, Aud8us

MICHAEL MAGEAU

Postby Michael Butterfield » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:48 am

The pages below document Michael Mageau's statements to police and reporter Dave Peterson in 1969.
Mageau police report - 7 -5-69.jpg

Mageau police interview 1  - 7-6-69.jpg

Mageau police interview 2  - 7-6-69.jpg

Mageau police interview 3  - 7-6-69.jpg

Mageau police interview 4  - 7-6-69.jpg

Michael Mageau police report late July 1969.jpg

Mageau article pg 1  - 8-19-69.jpg

Mageau article pg 2  -  8-19-69.jpg

Mageau police report suspect photos  Sept 69.jpg

Level 4

Re: MICHAEL MAGEAU

Postby speedy1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Has Mageau ever explained why he was wearing so many layers of clothing in the middle of summer??

Level 4

Postby speedy1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:00 pm

The more I look at Mageau the more I think there's something seriously 'off' with that fellow...

Postby Michael Butterfield » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:47 am

These documents and statements demonstrate what happened before the myths took hold and show that Mageau's original story was entirely different from the version he tells today. Also, these police documents dispel two popular myths: 1) That police never showed Mageau the photos of any suspects or POIs, and, 2) That Mageau vanished and police were unable to find him (as depicted in the film ZODIAC).

Note: As several members have noted, this page of the VPD police report -- download/file.php?id=548&mode=view -- appears to be missing from the posted pages of the VPD files at Zodiackiller.com -- http://www.zodiackiller.com/DFR1.html . Perhaps this page is available elsewhere on that site.

Paul_Averly

Postby Paul_Averly » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Great stuff!

I know this is a little off topic but... the article was written a month and a half after the shooting. Was there an earlier article that mentions the color of Z's car? Why did Z think it was the "negro" and not the surviving victim that told police his car was brown?

Level 4

Postby speedy1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Does anyone know how long after the attack it was that Mageau started saying it was a stalker?

Did he bring that up himself or was he just following Darlene's families' claims?

Level 1

Postby kirkham » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:57 am

Mageau mentions the vehicle as perhaps a 58 or 59 Falcon in the paper article..The Ford Falcon wasnt available till 1960..Fascinating reading though..

Postby Michael Butterfield » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Since the thread was bumped by another, I wanted to repost the link here in this thread because it's on-topic. Bently was kind and generous enough to visit the JFK library in Vallejo and obtained 28 pages of newspaper articles about the case, some of which make for some rather interesting reading (especially the one about the origins of the "other" Zodiac sketch). Thanks again, bently.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=684

Level 1

Postby bertlee » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 pm

The newspaper article attached mentions a 1958 or 1959 Falcon. If it was a Ford Falcon this vehicle did not exist until the 1960 model.

Level 4

Postby speedy1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm

MrBungle wrote:
Zsearcher wrote:
Paul_Averly wrote:Great stuff!

I know this is a little off topic but... the article was written a month and a half after the shooting. Was there an earlier article that mentions the color of Z's car? Why did Z think it was the "negro" and not the surviving victim that told police his car was brown?

One of Bently's articles from the 7/6 VTH says that Mageau described the car as brown, so that info was out 2 days after the shooting.

Also, Zodiac referenced that the police rang back the phone he called them on after the shooting which drew the "negro's" attention to he and his vehicle. I don't know if it's been discussed before, but was the "negro" ever identified (if this "negro" ever really existed)? It would seem that he was one of the few to ever see Zodiac.

Yeah i've been wondering about the 'negro' as well. Does anyone know if he was ever located?? Was there a mention of him anywhere else other than by Z ??

Next

Return to Darlene Ferrin & Michael Mageau