Timeline

Postby smithy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I've found this quite interesting:

http://zodiackillerfactsinfo.com/Timeli ... _15PM.html

Worth a chat about, perhaps.

Level 5

Re: Timeline

Postby smithy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:55 am

Wrench wrote:Anyone know how big the student body was a RCC?

Wotcher mate - it's 34,058 now, according to:
http://www.campusdiscovery.com/colleges ... p-reminder

- and a population of around 300,000 according to Wiki.
Numbers on Wiki show the population in total as being between 84,000 and 140,000 between 1960 and 1970, so obviously a time of growth, no?
If we assume the same kind of ratio between students and population, just as a figure to hang a hat on, we can probably guess between 10,000 and 20,000 in the mid 1960's.

If there's a place with accurate demographics, I haven't yet found it. :-(

Level 4

Postby Gindodawg » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Ok, I read the Autopsy report. The report actually says she ate approximately 2-4 hours prior to being murdered. It also talks about stomach contents containing vegitables, meat, "a dinner style meal". Does this sound like a meal that eaten in a hurry at home? Of course, it is possible but it makes me scratch my head. Concerning no one seeing Cheri in the library that night: Does anyone know where Ray got his information about no witnesses seeing her and where he got the information about the recreation? Interestingly, it is almost like no one saw anything that night. For example, no one (that I know of) reported seeing anyone tamper with Cheri's car. Makes me wonder why no one saw anything that night.

Level 5

Postby traveller1st » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm

mmm I have to ask. Does some food digest slower than others?
"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."

Level 5

Postby smithy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 am

OK!
Why I thought this was worth debating wasn't because I believed in the theory as a whole - I don't think it's tenable either, but there are a few things mentioned that are worth thinking about, perhaps.
The "driving back home to eat" thing has a certainly ring of truth about it to me.
It's feasible, and would account for the sitings of her.
She was looking for company earlier in the day. If she didn't want to go to the library on her own, perhaps she didn't remain there on her own for any length of time. Perhaps she did indeed go elsewhere.
The fact that she wasn't seen around the library doesn't necessarily imply to me that she was "kidnapped" though, and held against her will. Who's to say she wasn't out and about with another friend or acquaintance during this early-evening period? Someone who saw her driving to the library (on the second occasion?) perhaps, and had their own transport, meaning she could leave her own car at the library?
How does this posibility tie in with her car being disabled and the eventual attack on her? I don't know.
It strikes me that if she left her car at the library, but didn't stay there, came back to it with someone she knew who helped her to try and get it started, who she wouldn't fear, in a situation which might otherwise have frightened her because of the location and the darkness, but who then subsequently attacked her....... That's a possible.
It's also possible she came back, was dropped off at her car, and then attacked by a third party.

Of course this is all a good long reach, and just a matter of opinion and debate. What interested me about that whole thread over there, was that there was some food for thought in it. * shrug *
(No pun intended).

Level 5

Postby smithy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am

No offence taken Dukky - I've no precious theory to defend here - and I'm not a secret fan of Mr Grant. :lol:

I can't get away from the suspicion that she knew her attacker, personally. It seems unlikely that she would take that path with someone she didn't know.

Level 4

Postby Gindodawg » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 pm

I think though it is very odd that no one saw Cheri after approximately 6 pm. Obviously, the killer saw her. I really wonder if someone she knows killed her and later told police he had not seen her that evening. Maybe a date??? This is just a question. It is not based on anything other than my thoughts. Thank you.

Level 5

Postby smithy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 am

Wow, a much smaller campus population than that bad guess of mine then hey?
A better chance of someone "knowing" her - at least by sight then - I suppose. Hmm.

Level 5

Postby Mike Kelleher » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 am

This thread prompted me to visit Ray Grant's website, which I haven't done for a very long time. I read through his timeline pages but will need to go back and study it in greater detail to be sure that I fully understand it all. However, it seems to me that he is raising some interesting points. There are unexplained aspects of the Bates murder that have troubled me for a long time and I think that Grant has pointed them out. It's too bad that he continues to be so hostile in his writing because he may have something important to say. So, I want to read a bit more of what he has written. I wouldn't be too quick to throw it out just because of his angry posts.

Mike

Level 5

Postby smithy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Nice, Mike. Yes, I think so too.

Next

Return to Cheri Jo Bates