Register

Stine's wore his glasses when he was found dead?

Moderators: Bullitt, Aud8us, Michael Butterfield, johnny5

Level 2

Stine's wore his glasses when he was found dead?

Postby Eduard » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm

In the documents section Here:
http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=57

I see this picture:
http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=996&fullsize=1

Jake tells us that the picture shows that Stine wore his glasses when he was found.

In my humble opinion, Paul Stine wore no glasses when he was found. So are his thoughts about the glasses in the picture truly a fact or actually assumption?

Sorry Jake :wink: ,
Eduard

Level 5

Re: Stine's wore his glasses when he was found dead?

Postby Bullitt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Could be bruising or blood spatter. The fact remains that his glasses were not mentioned in any report, which suggests that none were found on the body or in or around the cab.

Level 2

Postby Drebin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:40 pm

I've always wondered about this myself. Those clearly look like glasses (to me). So I've always been confused by the thoughts that Zodiac took his glasses or that they were otherwise not present. But yeah, the police report doesn't mention them.

I imagine there are better crime scene photos out there, though. Just not ones we have access to.

But I'll echo the sentiment that while it LOOKS like glasses, it could just as easily be a shadow or the way pooled around the glasses (when he was wearing them). In a photo of this quality especially it's hard to tell.

Postby Michael Butterfield » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 pm

I have been trying to answer questions about this issue myself since posting that image, as other members can attest. However, Eduard, I'm not sure why you're attributing my comments to someone named Jake. If someone is mistaken regarding the caption on that photo, it's me and not anyone named Jake. My apologies.

I thought that the image clearly showed the glasses, but I am now uncertain given various other facts and information. Again, I'd like to find the answer to this question and I'm open to other ideas.

Level 4

Postby Gindodawg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:48 pm

I think it is possible that Z wore Stine's glasses away from the scene as part of his "disguise". IMO, the glasses in the composit have the same basic shape as a picture of Stine wearing glasses.

Level 5

Postby traveller1st » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

It is a hard image to tell from but it does look like glasses. Granted it could be shadows but they are being very cunning shadows if they are, pretending to be the shape of glasses that aren't there.

Regarding the pooling of blood...well that's maybe another thread and if anyone knows what I mean then they've wondered about it too.

Level 5

Postby Zabagliona » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 pm

I was alive back then, and it is no joke...almost ALL glasses worn by men looked like some version of Paul Stine's glasses, (with the exception being the "newer" aviator style that some men were wearing...)

Level 5

Postby Pittsburgh Phil » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

What position was he originally in when the police arrived? If they turned him I doubt the glasses would stayed on his head.

Level 5

Postby Pittsburgh Phil » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Gindodawg wrote:I think it is possible that Z wore Stine's glasses away from the scene as part of his "disguise". IMO, the glasses in the composit have the same basic shape as a picture of Stine wearing glasses.

That seems like a plausible theory. He did take his wallet after all.

Level 5

Postby Zsearcher » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:07 pm

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/galler ... fullsize=1

Is that driver's side window open?

For all we know the glasses could have flown out the window from the force of the gunshot.

Next

Return to Paul Stine