Register

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more absurd...

Moderators: Michael Butterfield, Aud8us

Level 2

Re: Just when you thought it couldn't get any more absurd...

Postby rokker757 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:44 pm

hodel as black dahlia sounds interesting & possibly neat, but the fact that hodel later went on this zodiac trip almost precludes me from even checking it out...he's obviously a greedy pig & who will say anything for a buck. it would throw the entire experience of reading the black dahlia book in a bad light.

Re: Just when you thought it couldn't get any more absurd...

Postby Michael Butterfield » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:38 am

Steve Hodel will never address the irrefutable fact that I have completely debunked virtually all of his Zodiac-related claims in MOST EVIL, and he has done nothing to post any corrections. What I find most troubling about his behavior is that he apparently feels NO obligation whatsoever to admit that he was wrong, let alone admit as much to the people who paid to buy his book. An author with ANY sense of ethics and moral responsibility would immediately address the fact that his book has been proven to contain pure nonsense, factual errors and completely inaccurate illustrations. As I said, if the New York Times had misspelled Hodel's name they would have printed a correction as soon as they learned of their error. I posted my review of MOST EVIL more than two months ago, and Hodel just pretends that he hasn't been exposed as a fraud.

Since I posted my review, Hodel has posted various updates, mostly about issues which really have little or nothing to do with his theory or his site. It's as if he thinks he can just keep ignoring it and it will go away. An author with any integrity whatsoever knows that the failure to admit a mistake says more about a person than the mistake, but I guess Hodel doesn't have any integrity whatsoever and he is content to follow the same pathetic path of Graysmith, Howard Davis, Dennis Kaufman and so many other funny fellows, comic men and clowns of private life.

Frankly, I was amazed to find that the illustrations and claims in Hodel's book were so easy to debunk. It took me less than five minutes to use a protractor and Google Earth to prove that all of his illustrations, his entire radian theory, and so much more was pure garbage. What's even more stunning is that Hodel never spent even five minutes checking his own work before publishing a book in which he claims to have solved several major murder cases. Most people would be extremely embarrassed to be caught in such blatant falsehoods and errors. I guess Steve just cashes the checks and never stops to notice that he is really just another Zodiac fraud.

And, what really scares me is the fact that Steve Hodel used to be responsible for investigating and clearing murder cases. He has demonstrated that he has no standards and no regard for the truth, or the victims, so one can only wonder if he employed the same shoddy and dubious methods as a homicide detective.

Previous

Return to Dr. George Hodel