Register

Bruce Davis "mug shot"

Moderators: Bullitt, Aud8us, Michael Butterfield, johnny5

Re: Bruce Davis "mug shot"

Postby Aud8us » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:20 pm

So she's an "artist" now? This is ridiculous...

Level 2

Postby Radians » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 pm

para_owl wrote:I have my doubts about a Manson/Zodiac connection, but I can see why some have looked down that path. This is slightly off topic (please move it to another area if so), but I have wondered if Manson or Bugliosi has commented/speculated anything about the Zodiac killer.

--Will.

A close friend of Manson's, with whom I'm writing a book about Charles Manson's life behind bars, has told me that Charlie and his family had nothing to do with the Zodiac killings.

As has been stated on this board, the difference between the Manson family and the Zodiac is day and night. Zodiac, on the other hand, as an avid reader of newspapers, may have been influenced by Manson family press stories: Mason family writing with blood on the walls may be the inspiration for Zodiac's scrawling on Brian Hartnell's car door; and, the high profile news conference on Dec 1, 1969 that introduced the world to the Manson family may have given Zodiac a reason to stop killing, if in fact he did.

Level 5

Postby Bently » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 am

Hi Radians,

I don't know much about Manson. One thing that has always bugged me is the letter which I believe says Sandra Goode "sewed the hood for Zodiac", the White Rabbit letter I think?

Any chance of you checking with your connections on this, or if it's already been debunked clue me in? Thanks.

Level 5

Postby para_owl » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Radians wrote:
A close friend of Manson's, with whom I'm writing a book about Charles Manson's life behind bars, has told me that Charlie and his family had nothing to do with the Zodiac killings.

As has been stated on this board, the difference between the Manson family and the Zodiac is day and night. Zodiac, on the other hand, as an avid reader of newspapers, may have been influenced by Manson family press stories: Mason family writing with blood on the walls may be the inspiration for Zodiac's scrawling on Brian Hartnell's car door; and, the high profile news conference on Dec 1, 1969 that introduced the world to the Manson family may have given Zodiac a reason to stop killing, if in fact he did.

Why would Z really care what the Manson family is doing? I would think he would love the fact that if there was some similarity it might add more confusion for LE.

I believe that Manson and the family had nothing to do with the Z murders. However, he might have some insight to the Z murders. I've seen some of his interviews and there is a lot of misdirection. So, I don't know if he would be a Hannibal Lecter and help out (although Hannibal played quite a few games too). Even if someone asked him about it, I would like to know how Manson responded. So, please tell me when this book comes out because I'm sure it has some interesting stories. I've only heard a few about him behind bars, and they're all interesting. And thanks for responding to my post.

--Will.

Level 4

Postby Gavrilo Princip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am

Bullitt wrote:It would be a feather in the LA DA's cap if they nailed Z, and even if Bruce Davis admitted to being Z, they can't punish him any more than he already has been (even if he got the death penalty for the Z crimes, because of how things "work" here in CA, he'd die of old age before he even got close to being executed).

Just a point of clarification, Bruce Davis cannot get the death penalty for any crimes committed before 1976. So, in reality, he cannot get any more punishment, except five additional first degree murder convictions and five more life sentences. The only drawback from his end would be that a confession would likely make him a bigger target in the prison community. Inmates love to get a piece of a famous serial killer.

Level 5

Postby para_owl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Gavrilo Princip wrote:
Just a point of clarification, Bruce Davis cannot get the death penalty for any crimes committed before 1976. So, in reality, he cannot get any more punishment, except five additional first degree murder convictions and five more life sentences. The only drawback from his end would be that a confession would likely make him a bigger target in the prison community. Inmates love to get a piece of a famous serial killer.

Such controversial prisoners are not put in general population for exactly this reason. Otherwise you get a story like Dahmer that makes the prison look irresponsible. Dahmer was isolated initially, but eventually let in to the general population for those who are not familar with how he died.

--Will.

Level 4

Postby Solar Pons » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:27 pm

And as all the current Manson Family currently in prison still keep going up for parole, I think they believe they will at some point get out, I don't think we're going to get a confession out of any of them.

And I think if any of them had an inkling or concrete evidence of Davis being the Zodiac , I don't doubt for a second that they would spill the beans, compared with freedom and release to their own family, I think it's only the mental ones who didn't get jail that still hold on to that Family crap.

Seen a clip of that Sandra Good on You Tube a while back, that's one strange B****.

Level 5

Postby Theforeigner » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Bruce Davis turned himself in Dec 2nd 1970 and has been behind bars ever since, so he could not have written/sent the Zodiac letters poststamped after that date.

March 13, 1971 "Los Angeles Times letter"
March 22, 1971 "Pine card"
Jan 29, 1974 "Exorcist letter"
Feb 14th 1974 "SLA Old Norse letter"
May 8th, 1974 "A Citizen letter"
July 8, 1974 "Red Phantom Letter"
April 24, 1978 "I´m back/ Herb Caen letter"
And other possible Zodiac letters after that.

IMO this is another pretty good reason for excluding Bruce davis as the Zodiac killer.

Level 4

Postby Gavrilo Princip » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Theforeigner wrote:Bruce Davis turned himself in Dec 2nd 1970 and has been behind bars ever since, so he could not have written/sent the Zodiac letters poststamped after that date.

March 13, 1971 "Los Angeles Times letter"
March 22, 1971 "Pine card"
Jan 29, 1974 "Exorcist letter"
Feb 14th 1974 "SLA Old Norse letter"
May 8th, 1974 "A Citizen letter"
July 8, 1974 "Red Phantom Letter"
April 24, 1978 "I´m back/ Herb Caen letter"
And other possible Zodiac letters after that.

IMO this is another pretty good reason for excluding Bruce davis as the Zodiac killer.

I think the line is, allegedly, Davis did the killings, an unknown Family associate wrote the letters, and continued to do so after Davis was incarcerated.

Level 5

Postby para_owl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 am

Gavrilo Princip wrote:[

I think the line is, allegedly, Davis did the killings, an unknown Family associate wrote the letters, and continued to do so after Davis was incarcerated.

GP..I'm interested in where you're going with this. Please elaborate a little more. Although, I do have some problems with the Manson/Zodiac connection that are similar to the problems I have with the Unabomber/Zodiac connection.

1) I think it's unlikely they could have covered up the Zodiac crimes while still being caught for other crimes.

2) Why create another persona? If Zodiac was signed on the Unabomber letters they would have been just as terrifying, if not more terrifying.

The same idea could just as easily be applied to the Manson murders. They could say even though Charlie is in jail that Helter Skelter is continuing and you can't stop it etc. If that happened it would have been more effective for the Family's cause. I will say that I don't think Helter Skelter was the absolute reason behind the murders. There's more they could have done to make the crimes look like it was the Black Panthers or a similar organization.

--Will.

PreviousNext

Return to Bruce Davis and The Manson Family